It is really interesting that all buckwheat flour is gradually becoming dough like a ball after you add water little by little to it with your both hands.
After that, you press the dough with a rolling pin and cut it into thin stripes you like.
As you expect, the noodles made by yourself must be wonderful!
1. The ingredients and the tools for soba making.(for 5 persons)
(1) soba flour 400g
(2) wheat flour 100g
(3) natural water 200～215cc
Some people say it's supposed to be more or less.
It depends on the flour and temperature.
(1) a board for extending soba “ noshi dai” “ nobashi ita”
(2) a wooden bowl “ kone bachi “ “ hachi “
(3) a stick for extending (a rolling pin) “ men bou ““ nobashi bou “
(4) a big cutting knife “ houchou “
(5) a measuring board “ komaita “
2. soba flour’s characteristic
1. cool when touched
2. low calorie
3. good for the persons who have the disease of high blood pressure
4. good for the diet
3. How to make the soba noodles
1. Put the soba flour and the wheat flour and mix up in the wooden bowl.
2. Put a certain quantity of water into the bowl.
3. Mix the water and flour and knead like making a big ball of Japanese “ manju”.
5. Put the ball on the board for extending.
6. Then flatten the ball until it becomes from 1.5 to 2 mm board.
7. Then fold it to be good for cutting.
8. Use the “ Hochou” smoothly and speedy.
“ Sobakiri Hochou” is a long rectangular knife